Chemonics International, a leading international development organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks technical experts for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Kosovo Climate Smart Initiative. The five-year program will increase public and private sector awareness and demand for climate smart initiatives as well as improve Kosovo’s capacity to adopt and implement that support climate change mitigation and adaption, ultimately resulting in more resilience environment and economic sustainability. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Desired Technical Expertise:
- Climate Vulnerability Data Analysis
- Climate Finance
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Partnership Development and Private Sector Engagement
- Climate Policy and Strategy Development
- Knowledge Management and Communications
- Livelihood Security/Economic Resilience with an environmental sustainability lens
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Drive technical activities and program development to achieve project objectives
- Track implementation progress and ensure timely completion of all deliverables
- Liaise with private sector and public sector officials
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and adapt program implementation to regional regulatory, market, or system developments
- University degree in Energy/Environmental Policy, Sustainable Development, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years of relevant technical experience for leadership positions with demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team (minimum two years of technical work experience in the relevant field for junior positions)
- Experience implementing climate change mitigation and/or adaptation programs in Kosovo or surrounding region preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with a range of stakeholders, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utility service providers, private sector entities, and non-governmental and civil society organizations
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Albanian and Serbian language skills required; English language skills preferred
To apply, please submit your CV through this form. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.