Rubik is a venture-backed Real Estate technology company based in New York City. Our team has built an Investment Platform for Institutional Investors to deploy capital into the $4.4 trillion U.S. rental home market.
We leverage Data Science and Machine Learning to provide proprietary investment opportunities to Real Estate Investment Trusts, Hedge Funds and Family Offices. At Rubik, we are on a mission to redefine the outdated real estate investment industry through using cutting-edge technologies.
Rubik has just closed a $3.5 million Seed Round from prominent venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, New York City and beyond. We are now expanding our product development team in Prishtina, Kosovo to accelerate growth as well as bring in new perspectives and skills in our company.
A glimpse of Rubik:
- A fast-growing technology company backed by prominent investors in the United States and Europe.
- A diverse team representing five nationalities and eleven languages.
- A culture based on intellectual pursuit, commitment, extreme ownership, humility, collaboration, meritocracy and fun.
- Hybrid work model; work remotely on Fridays.
- A range of team activities such as Weekly Happy Hours and getaways.
- An attractive compensation package, including perks such as stock options, transportation stipend, work-from-home stipend and health insurance.
Your role will be to lead an elite team of engineers working on the Core Data Platform and take ownership for the technical execution of the product roadmap for that team.
You will help Rubik build out the engineering team and think about what makes for a best-in-class engineering team. You will manage a team of engineers that will build, ship, and iterate on core features for our clients. You will also be responsible to mentor and coach our engineers on how to become the better version of themselves. Our expectation is that the Engineering Manager will shape our core product development processes.
Part of your duties will be to collaborate with the Product Owner, both to define and discuss the long-term product roadmap, as well as before each Sprint Planning, to ensure the right deliverables are taken into the Sprint and that their Acceptance Criteria are clear. You will also be responsible for translating the product requirements into technical requirements for the team and architecting solutions to solve product problems alongside your team.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the team is shipping features in the right cadence to meet the Product Roadmap.
- Plan and ensure execution of Sprints.
- Expand existing Scrum Process to improve overall team productivity and collaboration.
- Improve overall Team Sprint Velocity.
- Ensure each team member is performing at their best (individually and as part of the team) through coaching developers and helping them improve their skills.
- Work with the Product Owner to translate product requirements into technical requirements for the team by writing scoping new features and architecting new solutions.
- Assist with recruiting new engineers through providing guidance on team needs and running technical interviews for new team members.
- Work alongside your Engineering Team to improve existing development process, including testing, deployment, monitoring and documentation.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ Years of Engineering Leadership Experience
- 10+ Years of Back End Development Experience
- A track record of delivering results in fast-paced and highly ambiguous environments, preferably early stage startups.
- Experience Leading Teams using Agile Methodologies, preferably Scrum
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Solid cross function and cross organization communication and people skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and OKR/KPI driven approach to work.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL and significant experience working with relational databases.
- Experience designing, developing and documenting RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with AWS including S3, Lambda, RDS, SQS, API Gateway (or equivalent).
- Experience working with containerization software like Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes (or equivalent).
- Experience writing unit, integration, and API tests and implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing serverless web applications/ using serverless architecture is a bonus.
- Experience working on data products (think AttomData), Big Data Projects or data platforms (think Snowflake) is a bonus.
To apply, please send your resume at [email protected]