Job Position: Communication Specialist
RFA No: 72016722RFA00004
Project: USAID/Kosovo Inclusive Economic Engagement
Salary Range: Competitive
Position Information: Full time
Period: Start 10th of April, 2023
The overall goal of this activity is to empower women and minorities through increasing economic opportunities throughout Kosovo. This activity will help revive micro-enterprises and small businesses owned by women and minorities operating in the COVID-19 pandemic environment through the following: enhancing and creating efficiencies in their businesses, enabling partnerships with local organizations and the private sector, and providing funding through grants.
Inclusive Economic Engagement aim is to advance these women and minority owned businesses by:
- Working with women and minority communities to help them be more resilient and less prone to negative external influences through technical assistance to promote efficiencies, grants/funding, and network development.
- Supporting women and minority owned businesses to become an important contributor to the economic development and overall society.
- Supporting minority businesses in Kosovo to become more competitive in serving domestic and regional market needs as a way to foster inter-ethnic collaboration between Kosovo Serbs and Kosovo Albanians.
- Facilitating private sector led solutions and dialogue with supply chain stakeholders to integrate small businesses into the value chain.
This purpose will be achieved through three mutually supportive objectives:
Objective 1: Women-owned and minority owned businesses become more resilient through tailored technical assistance and grants.
Objective 2: Women-owned and minority owned businesses integrate into Kosovo and regional markets through market linkages.
Objective 3: Sustainable business partnerships among women owned businesses and minority owned businesses and associations and other networks established.
Scope of work:
The Communications Specialist coordinates closely with project staff, USAID representatives, and partners to identify, prepare (in the case of internal materials) or support (in the case of external materials) communication materials to support USAID project messaging, including, as needed, for mission public information activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As Communications Specialist, the employee is responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communication strategies and plans that align with the project's goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with USAID branding and communication requirements.
- Create and disseminate information about the project to stakeholders, partners, and the public through various channels, including social media, website, press releases, and other communication tools.
- Manage the project's social media accounts, website, and other communication tools to ensure they are up-to-date and engaging.
- Plan and organize events such as conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and media outlets.
- Assist on collecting the MEL indicators throughout all objectives in close coordination with MEL Expert..
- Produce project outreach materials, including brochures, leaflets, and other public communications materials for various project events.
- In collaboration with project leadership, technical team members, and the Home Office, prepare high-quality project reports and deliverables, including quarterly progress reports,annual reports, and annual project Work Plan.
- Establish and maintain professional relations with communications departments of other international donors and other related USAID Actions.
Mandatory Required Qualifications:
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Literature, or other relevant field.
- At least 4 years of experience in communication or public relations, preferably in international development or a related field.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded technical assistance projects and reporting requirements; knowledgeable of USAID reporting and branding regulations and policies.
- Proven ability to communicate clear messages and goals to a variety of audiences, including community members, stakeholders, and multi-cultural audiences.
- Proven ability to work professionally, constructively, and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- English and Albanian fluency is required, proficiency in Serbian preferred.
This position will report directly to Chief of Party.
The assignment will be for the period of over 4 years, including the three (3) months’ probation period. This is a full-time appointment for which the Communication Specialist is required to work a minimum of forty hours a week under a work schedule determined by the Chief of Party.
Only prequalified candidates will be invited for interview. CV and three verifiable references must be submitted no later than March 23, 2023 at 16:00 pm, through email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.