ob Title: Web & SEO Manager
Reporting to: Head of Digital
Managing existing team of digital marketers, your role will be to manage and analyse and complete a variety of tasks including search engine optimisation and link building.
You will assist the Head of Digital with strategy, whilst offering coaching and support to more junior members of the team which you will be managing. You will be expected to generate marketing ideas as well as give analytical support on an ad-hoc basis. You will be helping to make decisions that impact our timelines and global web experiences.
Important things that you’ll help drive: An SEO strategy that maximizes traffic and revenue opportunities. Analysis of complex data sets to identify opportunities, forecast results, and implement strategies in a cross-functional team. Collaboration with business groups to solve technical problems, provide optimization recommendations, and forecast impact to initiate traffic across our web properties. Actionable insights that help teams improve efficiency. Focus on on-page SEO strategies and tactics, informing content strategies that are critical to customer journeys. Perform forensic technical SEO audits and inspections of websites to identify on-page, off-page, and technical issues. Monitor site regularly for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors monthly and provide solution-based recommendations. Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, and on-page optimization. Monitor performance metrics to understand organic search performance and measure the impact of technical and content changes. Analyse large amounts of data from a variety of sources and prepare reports and insights of SEO campaign performance. Stay current on global SEO and search landscape and emerging trends and identify tools and reports to deliver more sophisticated analysis.
The successful candidate must have extensive SEO and SEM experience with a focus towards on page optimisation and link building. You will need a clear understanding of the digital marketing industry and be able to demonstrate the results you have achieved to date. You will also be a managing a web team made up of web admins and web developer. Ensuring that the team is supporting you on SEO best practices and managing day to day responsibilities of the team ensuring all their tasks are compete and support them when required.
- As Web & SEO Manager, you will own, develop and deliver all aspects of GDS group SEO strategy to deliver new customer acquisition growth and revenue targets, campaigns, product categories and brands. Creating and driving long term strategic and technical requirements for SEO including keywords, link building, analysis and auditing from both a content and technical perspective.
- Drive long term strategic and technical requirements for SEO visibility growth, including keyword research, analysis and auditing from both a content and technical perspective, link building.
- Build relationships with key internal teams across technical, digital operations, external and wider business, particularly editorial and creative teams to ensure onsite & offsite strategy is aligned and best SEO best practice is followed
- Create and drive our offsite outreach campaigns whilst establishing relationships with the content team, based on search volumes, revenue potential and brand affinity resulting in search rankings and new traffic opportunities
- Be an industry thought leader that inspires, leads and motivates the team and wider business on all matters relating to SEO marketing, up to date trends and technologies, together with the benefits it has within the business.
- Work with Head of Digital to deliver accurate KPI forecasts & business targets
- Provide in depth reporting, analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the story behind actual and forecasted performance.
- The team consists of 4 web admin and 1 developer. The SEO Manager will lead and mentor to continue their personal development and growth.
- We are looking for a proven SEO marketing manager who can bring fresh ideas and industry best practices to get the most from GDS’ SEO marketing activity.
- You will be someone who can inject further creativity, technical experience and broad digital knowledge to take the channel to the next level.
- Considerable hands-on SEO marketing experience (either agency or client-side), ideally gained from a high-growth, multi-channel business.
- Expert user of experienced user of SEO tools including Google Search Console, Link Building (e.g. Ahrefs) Crawler Software (e.g. Screaming Frog and OnCrawl), Searchmetrics, SEMRush, Search Engine Business Listings (e.g. Google My Business and Bing Places)
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience of Performance Marketing channels, and clearly understands the link between SEO and PPC
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, ideally with a strong proficiency in Excel, and ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and action for the company.
- Good understanding of SEO forecasting and how to showcase opportunities of growth
- Ability to showcase value of SEO changes to support with prioritisation of initiatives and business cases
- Strong understanding of technical SEO and experience in communicating technical changes to development teams is desirable
- Experience of dealing with and presenting to multiple stakeholders effectively
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple teams.
- People management skills
In return as our Head of Demand Generation we offer:
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at GDS Group you'll receive continued career development support from our management team
- Exceptional career progression. We're ever-evolving, if you work hard and do well - with our help and support there are no artificial limits to your speed of progress
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in Miami, NY and Bristol - that means great scope for our staff as well as opportunities to travel (post Covid)
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending your CV in English only to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment
About GDS Group and what we do:
GDS Group helps C-level executives carry out their key business initiatives. With 25 years of experience and a portfolio of top technology solution providers backing us, we work with senior executives at the world’s largest brands to derive a keen understanding of their business objectives to ensure they gain actionable solutions from our B2B summits, both for the challenges of today, and the strategic goals of tomorrow.
Our delegates are senior decision-makers at Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies and our solution-provider partners include tech giants like Microsoft, Dell, Oracle, Google, HP, SAP and IBM to name a few. Our team is passionate about facilitating partnerships wherein the impact is felt by people all over the world and in every industry from technology to healthcare to oil and gas.