Project: Municipal Action for Return and Diaspora (MARDI)
Caritas Switzerland (CaCH) Country Office for Kosovo is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified candidate for the position of
Diaspora Coordinator (DC);
Under the supervision of the National Project Manager (PM), the Diaspora Component Coordinator will support the management of the Project “Municipal Action for Return and Diaspora (MARDI)”, in line with Caritas Switzerland rules and regulations and donors’ requirements.
The DC will implement activities planned under the project MARDI, in line with the given intervention as described in the approved project document. The start of employment will be 1. March 2023, with an initial duration of the contract for 1 year.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager with main responsibility to realize, develop and improve the implementation of the diaspora component of the project; This would entail support to diaspora engagement and local businesses;
- In consultation with the project manager, s/he will organize and oversee the component implementation with the local stakeholders and project implementing partners and monitor their work; furthermore, organize B2B, conferences or workshops, and provide technical inputs during different project events;
- In consultation with the project manager, s/he will support the project manager in planning, preparation, and implementation of all activities of the component with a focus on the Diaspora Investment Projects;
- S/he will be in charge of diaspora investment projects, including monitoring and evaluation of contracts.
- Provides administrative support to ensure proper implementation of the respective component activities;
- In close cooperation with Project partners and the respective Service Provider maintains accurate and complete records on the development of the Webplatorm/Helpdesk;
- Supports the project manager for preparation and organization of field visits and makes necessary appointments with project stakeholders;
- Maintains direct and regular communication with the project manager and provides written semester, monthly and weekly reports; furthermore, prepares reports from all field activities, including protocols, attendance lists, photos, etc; and recommends adjustments to improve project implementation;
- Organization of project meetings, participation in staff meetings and meetings with partner organizations, government representatives, and other stakeholders;
- Conducts other activities as requested by the project manager or as deemed necessary within the framework of the Caritas Switzerland Mission in Kosovo;
- Maintains written track record of all project-related communication and agreements, and ensure proper project documentation;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent is an asset, preferably University degree in Social Sciences, Economy, Sociology or related fields.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the topic of Migration, Diaspora Engagement and/or Investment Projects;
- Knowledge in the field of IT and municipal work is desirable;
- Experience in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development projects is an advantage;
- Knowledge of contract management and experience in procurement;
- Experience in collaboration with International NGOs, Government Institutions and NGOs in the field of reintegration or related fields;
- Advanced skills in planning, written and oral communication, facilitation, and coordination;
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and spoken);
- Fluency in Albanian language; Serbian is considered an asset;
- Very good skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A valid driving license; Willingness to travel throughout Kosovo and abroad;
Send your application latest by 10 February, 2023 via email to [email protected] in Cc [email protected], indicating “DC-MARDI” in the subject line.
Please provide a:
- Motivation Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English with details of your qualifications, experience, present position and the earliest date of availability,
- Emails address, Contacts Info and Job Position of three referees.
Qualified candidates from minority communities are encouraged to apply!
Note that applications without a Motivation Letter or CV may not be considered for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Employment for this position is subject to funding and final project approval of Caritas Switzerland.