Program Officer - Post Legislative Scrutiny
The National Democratic Institute in Kosovo (NDI) seeks to hire a Project Officer to engage in developing, implementing and overseeing parliamentary strengthening programs, especially on the Post Legislative Scrutiny (PLS) component. The Project Officer will report to NDI’s Senior Program Manager. The position is based in Pristina and would require occasional travel within the country.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of NDI’s parliamentary strengthening programming, specifically on the Post Legislative Scrutiny (PLS) component.
- Provide assistance and team leadership in day-to-day implementation of program activities.
- Provide advice, technical assistance and capacity building for program beneficiaries, and NDI staff, as needed.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with and serve as a resource for members of parliament, parliamentary staff, executive officials, independent institutions, donor and implementers community, civil society activists, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the drafting and timely submission of program activity reports and monitoring and evaluation data, and provide periodic political and legislative updates.
- Consult regularly with the NDI staff that monitor and measure program results and political developments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Law, or related subject. A Master degree in Law is considered an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in a legal, political or civic engagement field, civil society organizations and/or Parliament-related work.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with members of the parliament, assembly administration and civic leaders.
- Very good knowledge of Kosovo’s political environment, and institutional and legal framework.
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex political and legislative issues, and to think innovatively and introduce new concepts.
- Oral communications skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and negotiate.
- Very good writing skills, clear, persuasive, and experienced enough to edit all types of team documents.
- Demonstrated capacity and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to adjust programmatic activities based on changing political circumstances and in response to needs articulated by local partners and program stakeholders.
- Working knowledgeof PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive etc.) strongly desired.
- Oral and written fluency in Albanian and English is required, knowledge of Serbian language or languages of other non-majority communities is desirable.
Successful applicants should submit a cover letter, CV/resume, list two names/references and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 5th, 2023 midnight, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted!
The writing sample can be any academic, professional, or other work that demonstrates the individuals’ ability to communicate at a high level in English!
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteranstatus, or any other basis protected by Kosovo Law on Labour.