JOB TITLE: Protection Monitoring Officer
Post: Two (2)
DUTY STATION: Prishtinë/Priština
REPORTS TO: Program Manager/Executive Director
ASSIGMENT: 31 December 2023
STARTING DATE: February 2023
Advancing Together is providing support to the local and central level authorities in addressing the basic needs of Kosovo returnees in the areas of physical, legal and material safety, as well as, strengthening authorities’ capacities for the protection of returnee and displaced populations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the registration of voluntary returnees by MOCRs;
- Conduct individual human rights monitoring aiming to identify gaps and challenges for returnees/IDPs and intervene with relevant authorities for resolution;
- Provide analytical reports on trends and developments on sustainability and reintegration challenges;
- Facilitate the enrolment of the returnees/IDP’s with municipal employment offices and vocational training centres that would facilitate their access to the labour market;
- Build partnerships with Civil Society Organizations, private and public sector with an aim to advocate for the inclusion of returnees/IDP’s at employment/self-employment opportunities;
- Provide legal counselling to vulnerable returnees and IDPs in accessing rights and services;
- Monitor and advocate on amendment of relevant legislation and policies for the interest of returnees/IDP’s;
- Undertake analysis of specific thematic legal issues that need to be presented to authorities for resolution;
- Ensure that daily report and note for the files are submitted on timely manner to Executive Director, Program Manager and other designated staff; Staff might be required to produce summary of an important development or issue of interest;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
- University Degree in Law, science/economic;
- Minimum two years of professional experience in the field of legal or human rights monitoring;
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills and experience with various stakeholders and actors at various levels;
- Experience and proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team with people of different ethnicities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Valid driving license (B)
Other qualifications that will be considered as advantage:
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English, Albanian and Serbian languages;
AT is committed to achieving workforce diversity, and encourages qualified female and males from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Successful candidate will be subject to background and security checks.
Please send your CV, Motivation Letter (in English) and Recommendation letters and scanned copy of personal ID and drivinglicense by applyingto this job directly sendingon e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. AT is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Deadline for applications is 29 of January 2023, 24:00 hours. Only short-listed candidates will be considered for an interview