Social worker for CONCORDIA TRANZIT CENTRE,
a program of the ASSOCIATION CONCORDIA PROJEKTE SOCIALE KOSOVO
The ASSOCIATION CONCORDIA Projekte Sociale is a non-governmental organization dedicated to helping children, young people, families as well as (socially and ethnically) marginalized groups in need, towards an independent and responsible life. CONCORDIAs mission statement is to “go where the need is greatest…and where others don’t go”!
The program CONCORDIA Tranzit Centre is located in the neighborhood of Tranzit, north of the city Prizren, at the address Rr Lahuta e Malësisë, where groups of different ethnical communities live. The Centre is providing social and educational support to more than 100 children and young people from vulnerable families, as well as for their parents and is licensed as learning centre.
With the overall goal to trigger sustainable positive changes in the lives of the most vulnerable children, young people and families, CONCORDIA focuses on:
- Securing a functioning everyday life that offers protection, belonging and provision;
- Fostering the capacities for self-determination and central „life skills“ (self-confidence, self-efficacy and social skills);
- Mobilising each individual’s (creative) potential;
- Fostering a secure bonding of children and youth (as an important pre-condition for the development of life skills).
CONCORDIA Projekte Sociale is looking for a suitable person for the position of Social worker for the CONCORDIA Tranzit Centre in Prizren. The contract is for 9 months, starting with January 2024.
- Evaluation of the program participants of the Tranzit Centre, using the specific tools for the social worker activity: social surveys, initial evaluations, realization of the personalized intervention plan, evaluation and monitoring;
- Periodically visits families and children who benefit from services, according to the intervention plan or whenever necessary, aimed at identifying their social, economic, legal and housing needs;
- Provides counselling to families with dependent children on their rights and obligations and on the rights of the child;
- Reporting: elaboration of the monthly activity report; periodic updating of program participants' files;
- Organize case meetings with the multidisciplinary team, school teachers and parents using a case management approach;
- Advocate for the rights of the program participants and accompany them to obtain their rights.
A detailed Job Description will be presented and discussed with the final candidate.
The ideal candidate:
- Graduate of Faculty of Social Work
- Has over 1 year of social work experience
- Has knowledge about current social and legislative trends and changes
- Has flexibility, enthusiasm, empathy and desire to assume responsibilities
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Openness to work with people from disadvantaged backgrounds and ethnic minorities
- Ability to manage difficult situations, conflict negotiation, mediation between beneficiaries and authorities
- Languages spoken: Albanian (C1 proficiency) and English (C1 proficiency)
- Commits to respect CONCORDIA Child Protection Policy and all the other policies and procedures of the organization
- Driving license category B
- MS Office knowledge - Word, Excel, Power Point, MS outlook
- Employment contract, fixed salary
- Private medical insurance
- Working hours 08.30-16.30
- The opportunity to work in a dedicated multidisciplinary and multiethnic team, where you can innovate and contribute
- Challenging area of activity, with plenty of space for own initiative and development opportunities.
Position start date: January 2024
Duration of the Contract: 9 months
Location of duty: Prizren
Interested persons are asked to send a CV accompanied by a letter of intent in English by 15.12.2023, to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Please mention in the subject of the message: Social worker.
Only people who meet the above requirements and are selected for the interview will be contacted.
Before any hiring is made the candidate will submit:
- Two references from previous working places, teachers or other professionals;
- Certificate of criminal background check from Kosovo Police;
- Certificate of medical report.